Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:01:37 -0500

066 
FZPN01 KWBC 060401
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED OCT 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N144W 981 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 420 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N150W 998 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W N 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 120W AND 131W N WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN N TO NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N143W 1010 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 35N153W. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 
NM E OF FRONT AND 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 52N133W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH NEW LOW 50N134W DESCRIBED IN SYNOPSIS SECTION BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N179E 1012 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 
176W AND 167E W TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 160E AND 174W W TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N167W 1009 MB. FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 
163W AND 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  
.48 HOUR LOW 39N149W 995 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 
32N159W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N162E 1011 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N180W 1010 MB. FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 
176W AND 164E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N167W 1000 MB. FROM 33N TO 39N BETWEEN 
161W AND 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 39N BETWEEN 161W AND 179E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 42N TO 55N BETWEEN 157W AND 175W AND FROM 55N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 169W AND 177W AREA OF W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 54N164W TO 
48N157W TO 44N150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N134W. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 42N137W TO 33N148W. WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT AND 180 
NM E OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N133W 1005 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E OF A 
LINE FROM 49N129W TO LOW CENTER TO 32N144W AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM N OF A LINE FROM 38N160E TO 
40N174E TO 41N173W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 160E AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 47N BETWEEN 163E AND 
176W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 39N135W 1030 MB MOVING SW 20 KT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N137W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 45N129W 1030 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 35N180W 1029 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE SW 05 KT AFTER 
06 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N177E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N178E 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 51N175E 1020 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N170W 1016 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE. 

.LOW PRES 10N109W 1010 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN E WIND WAVES 
AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1010 MB 10N112W. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND 60 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1010 MB 10N113W. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND 90 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 90W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 135W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 13N TO 
25N BETWEEN 110W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 116W AND 124W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 
115W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N BETWEEN 120W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED OCT 06...
.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N85W TO 08N96W TO LOW 
PRES 1010 MB 10N109W TO 12N122W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.