Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:45:13 -0500

018 
FZPN40 PHFO 060445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED OCT 06 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 06 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 07 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 08 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 11N149W 1011 MB MOVING W 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N155W 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 19N161W TO 15N162W MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 18N162W TO 18N156W TO 15N154W.

.FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 27N170W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 27N180W TO 
26N170E TO 30N166E. PORTION OF FRONT W OF 170E MOVING SW SLOWLY. 
PORTION OF FRONT E OF 170W MOVING E 20 KT. REMAINING PORTION 
MOVING S SLOWLY. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT AND SHEAR LINE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 29N160W THENCE 
SHEAR LINE TO 25N180W TO 27N170E TO 30N163E. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF SHEAR LINE BETWEEN 172W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 28N160W TO 26N170W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N150W TO 28N160W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 19N E OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 23N TO 18N BETWEEN 180W AND168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WNDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT FROM 09N TO 24N E OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 166W AND 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 19N E OF 160W.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 30N154W 26N170W 19N170E 22N165E 30N177E 
30N154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS W OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 22N167E TO 
15N165E TO 14N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N154W TO 11N163W TO 07N177E TO 07N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM S AND WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ 
BETWEEN 166W AND 177E. ALSO...SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 225 NM 
N OF ITCZ W OF 170E.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.