Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 04:45:11 -0500

967 
FZPN01 KWBC 060945
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED OCT 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N150W 990 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. N OF 52N AND E OF 148W 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N151W 994 MB. FROM 56N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 136W AND 153W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 126W AND 129W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W N 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 131W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN N TO NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N139W 1009 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 38N146W. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT AND 180 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 41N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT AND 360 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH NEW LOW 51N132W IN SYNOPSIS SECTION BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N177W 1009 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 
173W AND 174E W TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 160E AND 172W W TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N162W 1005 MB. FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 
158W AND 171W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR LOW 42N145W 989 MB. FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 141W AND 
148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED WITH LOW 44N133W BELOW FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 141W AND 
152W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N166E 1008 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N177W 1009 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 420 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N 
TO 48N BETWEEN 171W AND 165E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N163W 1000 MB. FROM 34N TO 39N BETWEEN 
163W AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
33N TO 43N BETWEEN 159W AND 160E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 60N173W TO 53N166W TO 46N155W W 
TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 53N164W TO 
45N147W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 54N BETWEEN 165W AND 172W N WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 48N TO 60N BETWEEN 164W AND 171W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N132W. FROM 47N TO 52N BETWEEN 128W 
AND 131W S WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM E OF LINE FROM 46N133W TO 40N137W TO 34N145W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N133W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A 
LINE FROM 49N128W TO LOW CENTER TO 32N143W AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 50N168E TO 56N177E SW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 161E AND 178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 170E AND 
175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 35N136W 1028 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N136W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 45N129W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 34N178E 1028 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N179E 1020 MB. 

.HIGH 50N178E 1020 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N168W 1016 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE. 

.LOW PRES 10N110W 1012 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1010 MB 10N112W. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1010 MB 10N113W. WITHIN 150 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 95W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0845 UTC WED OCT 06...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 08N99W TO LOW 
PRES 1012 MB 10N110W TO 12N123W TO 10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.