Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 05:45:08 -0500

408 
FZPN40 PHFO 061045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED OCT 06 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 06 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 07 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 08 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 287N166W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 26N173E TO 
30N164E. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
DISSIPATING. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM NW OF SHEAR LINE 
BETWEEN 170W AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 29N155W. SHEAR LINE 
DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N148W TO 28N160W MOVING S SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 21N BETWEEN 152W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 10N TO 22N E OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A 
LINE FROM 30N165W TO 25S175E TO 30N165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 FT FROM 10N TO 19N E OF 163W. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 20N180W TO 30165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 15N TO 21N W OF 165E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N155W TO 07N180W TO 07N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 200 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 175W AND 
178E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.