Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:55:40 -0500

449 
ATPQ40 PGUM 061455
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST THU OCT 7 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 11N135E THROUGH A 
LOW CENTERED WEST OF THE MARIANAS AT 16N141E TO 22N149E...THEN 
CURVES SOUTHEASTWARD TO END AT ANOTHER LOW CENTERED AT 17N157E. 
UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE NEAR THESE FEATURES IS AIDING IN THE 
DEVELOPMENT OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE 
MARIANAS BETWEEN 16N AND 9N FROM 140E TO 149E AND OVER WAKE ISLAND 
WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 25N156E TO 25N161E TO 19N168E 
TO 14N159E BACK TO 25N156E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EAST OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS STRETCHES 
SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 10N180 TO 3N173E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND EAST OF MAJURO WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 5N172E TO 7N180.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH WEST OF PALAU RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 20N135E 
TO BEYOND 130E AT 10N. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
LOCATED WEST OF KOROR BETWEEN 10N AND 4N FROM 130E TO 133E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED TO WIDELY SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER CHUUK...POHNPEI AND KOSRAE 
WITHIN AN LARGE AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 6N150E TO 12N150E TO 
12N158E TO 8N170E TO 2N159E BACK TO 6N150.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.