Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:16:50 -0500

129 
FZPN01 KWBC 061616
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED OCT 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 42N173W 1009 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 300 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 35N TO 44N BETWEEN 169W AND 160E W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N157W 1000 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N141W 978 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM N AND 300 NM S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM N AND 420 NM S SEMICIRCLES...EXCEPT 
WITHIN 720 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N135W 1000 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 42N141W TO 30N157W. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N 
OF 40N AND WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT S OF 40N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH NEW LOW 52N132W IN SYNOPSIS SECTION BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N167E 1008 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
46N TO 52N W OF 176E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N179W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S OF A LINE 
FROM 34N160E TO 41N172E TO 41N177W TO 38N167W AND WITHIN 180 NM 
SE OF A LINE FROM 45N160E TO 50N175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N160W 997 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE...540 NM 
SW AND 660 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 39N125W 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 35N TO 46N BETWEEN 
125W AND 130W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 60N150W 992 MB MOVING N 05 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. N OF 53N AND E OF 148W 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N150W 994 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.WITHIN 360 NM SW AND S OF A LINE FROM 62N174W TO 47N160W TO 
48N151W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 52N162W TO 
47N146W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 53N BETWEEN 165W AND 172W N WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 60N BETWEEN 162W AND 174W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N132W. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 42N135W TO 31N150W. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 540 NM S OF A LINE FROM 42N160E TO 
44N175W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 163E AND 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 42N BETWEEN 170E AND 
175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 33N138W 1024 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 34N177E 1028 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 50N179E 1018 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 12N99W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N111W 1012 MB MOVING W 12 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1010 MB 10N114W. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1009 MB 10N116W. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.TROUGH FROM 09N127W TO 16N123W MOVING W 8 KT. N OF 12N WITHIN 
180 NM W OF TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 09N130W TO 16N126W. WITHIN 180 NM 
W OF TROUGH WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED S AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 96W AND 121W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 13N TO 20N W OF 133W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN 
NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 132W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 132W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 116W AND 129W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N BETWEEN 116W AND 129W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED OCT 06...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 07N97W TO 
10N105W TO LOW PRES 1012 MB 10N111W TO 09N118W TO 12N123W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE FROM 06N TO 10N E OF 88W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.