Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:45:20 -0500

567 
FZPN40 PHFO 061645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED OCT 06 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 06 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 07 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 08 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 29N161W TO 28N165W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
25N179W TO 25N174E TO 30N164E. FRONT MOVING NE 20 KT. SHEAR LINE 
NEARLY STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF SHEAR 
LINE BETWEEN 176W AND 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED NE OF AREA. SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 20N161W TO 15N163W MOVING W 20 KT AND DISSIPATING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF 18N162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N148W TO 28N160W MOVING S SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 19N BETWEEN 154W AND 159W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A 
LINE FROM 30N164W TO 25N178W TO 25N174E TO 30N166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 FT FROM 11N TO 17N W OF 163W AND N OF 22N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 15N TO 23N W OF 164E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N155W TO 07N180W TO 08N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 200 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 176W AND 
176E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.