Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:04:25 -0500

151 
FZPN01 KWBC 062204
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED OCT 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 40N170W 1009 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
35N TO 43N BETWEEN 165W AND 160E W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N153W 1000 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N138W 979 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM W AND 540 NM E SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
16 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 55N BETWEEN 124W AND 144W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N172E 1008 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. FROM 43N TO 51N BETWEEN 
180W AND 163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N173W 1003 MB. FROM 33N TO 47N BETWEEN 
167W AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N158W 992 MB. WITHIN 900 NM NW...780 NM 
W...600 NM SW...480 NM SE AND 240 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 55N132W TO 44N137W TO 30N155W. WITHIN 120 NM 
SE OF THE FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N130W TO NEW LOW 
37N140W 1012 MB TO 30N149W. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND E OF THE FRONT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 42N125W 1012 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND SECOND LOW 35N123W 
NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 33N TO 48N BETWEEN 125W AND 130W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOWS DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 45N BETWEEN 135W AND 150W WINDS LESS 
THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.WITHIN 360 NM SW AND S OF A LINE FROM 61N175W TO 48N159W TO 
48N149W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 51N159W TO 
47N143W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 53N BETWEEN 166W AND 
177W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM S OF A LINE FROM 42N160E TO 
43N178W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 
46N160E TO 48N180W TO 59N174W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 165E AND 178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 30N141W 1024 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 33N177E 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 47N175W 1018 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W TO 12N99W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
12N97W TO 11N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N112W 1012 MB MOVING W 12 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1010 MB 10N115W. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1009 MB 11N116W. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 117W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED S AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 10N BETWEEN 98W AND 126W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED S AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED S AND NW SWELL.

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 117W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N BETWEEN 117W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 21N TO 26N BETWEEN 113W TO 124W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2000 UTC WED OCT 06...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 07N93W TO 
10N105W TO LOW PRES 1010 MB 10N111W TO 10N126W TO 09N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 110W AND 112W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.