Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:40:31 -0500

478 
FZPN40 PHFO 062240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED OCT 06 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 06 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 07 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 08 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 29N165W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
26N180W TO 27N170E. FRONT MOVING NE SLOWLY. SHEAR LINE NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED NE OF AREA. SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH RELOCATED FROM 20N164W TO 16N166W MOVING W 10 KT AND 
DISSIPATING. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 19N163W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

. HIGH 30N140W 1024 MB MOVING E 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 28N150W TO 
28N156W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH E OF FORECAST AREA. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 11N TO 18N E OF 161W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 24N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 171W AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 168W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 15N TO 23N W OF 164E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N160W TO 09N180W TO 08N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 
153W...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 172W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.