Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:50:03 -0500

397 
FZPN01 KWBC 070349
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU OCT 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N167W 1006 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 
163W AND 176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N150W 995 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 33N158W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM W AND 300 NM E OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N137W 982 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM 
SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 480 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N170W 1009 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS AND FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 178W AND 161E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N169W 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N 
TO 44N BETWEEN 164W AND 179W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N155W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW AND 
360 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS AND 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 47N136W 1010 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N141W TO 33N150W. WITHIN 120 NM E AND W OF FRONT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 130W AND WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 39N136W TO 31N148W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 46N137W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.LOW 35N124W 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 
119W AND 131W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN N TO NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.N OF 50N BETWEEN 129W AND 150W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT IN W TO SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 53N169W TO 49N159W TO 45N151W 
AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N151W 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N145W 994 MB. FROM 48N TO 59N BETWEEN 
133W AND 141W AREA OF SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.N OF 54N BETWEEN 168W AND 177W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 56N BETWEEN 168W AND 173W N WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N145W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N153W 992 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 160E AND 179W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 160E AND 179W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 50N AND W OF 171E SW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 47N TO 54N BETWEEN 160E AND 175W W TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 164E AND 178W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 30N137W 1022 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 33N177E 1027 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N178E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N177W 1020 MB. 

.HIGH 46N171W 1015 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 09.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 12N102W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W TO 12N99W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
12N97W TO 11N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N113W 1010 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1009 MB 10N117W. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 19N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1009 MB 11N119W. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 11N TO 20N W OF 110W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 08N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY SW SWELL.

.SURFACE TROUGH 30N123W TO 26N125W MOVING E 10 KT. N OF 26N E OF 
130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. FROM 21N TO 27N BETWEEN 
115W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU OCT 07...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N83W TO 07N92W TO 
LOW PRES 1010 MB NEAR 10N113W TO 10N125W TO 08N130W TO 09N138W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION CONTINUES WITHIN 210 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE OF THE LOW PRES.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.