Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 23:40:26 -0500

158 
FZPN40 PHFO 070440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU OCT 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 29N165W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
26N180W TO 27N170E. FRONT MOVING NE SLOWLY. SHEAR LINE NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED NE OF AREA. SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 20N165W TO 16N167W MOVING W 10 KT AND DISSIPATING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 18N164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 27N150W TO 28N154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH E OF FORECAST AREA. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 11N TO 18N E OF 161W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 24N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 171W AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 168W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 17N TO 20N W OF 162E,,,AND WITHIN 60 
NM OF POINT 19N178E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N160W TO 08N180W TO 08N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 148W AND 
154W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 154W AND 160W...AND WITHIN 
120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.