Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 00:00:12 -0500

857 
ATHW40 PHFO 070500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU OCT 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC OCTOBER 07 2010

MUCH OF THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY EVENING IS CLEAR TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY.  LOW CEILINGS ARE MAINLY CONFINED TO UPSLOPE AREAS OF THE 
BIG ISLAND...AND COASTAL AREAS OF KAU AND KONA.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO AFFECTING THE WEST- AND SOUTH-FACING SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND EAST MAUI/S SOUTH SHORES.  LOW CLOUD 
MOTION IS FROM THE EAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

SKIES ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...EXCEPT 
FOR SMALL AREAS OF LOW CEILINGS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH AND WEST OF THE 
BIG ISLAND.

THE LEADING EDGE OF A WEAKENING FRONT IS APPROXIMATELY 500 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...AND APPEARS TO BE HEADING SLOWLY SOUTHEAST AND 
SOUTH.  THE CLOUDINESS IS NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 27.5N165W 
TO 25N180.  MOST OF THE CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE BOUNDARY HAVE 
MOVED SOUTH OF MIDWAY ATOLL...WHERE CURRENT CONDITIONS ARE SCATTERED 
LOW CLOUDS...WINDS FROM THE NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH...AND 
UNLIMITED VISIBILITY.

A SMALL AREA OF SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH A 
WEAK SURFACE TROUGH IS BETWEEN 450 AND 600 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF 
HONOLULU...AND HAS BEEN MOVING WEST BETWEEN 10 AND 15 MPH OVER THE 
PAST SIX HOURS.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION WITH THE FEATURE IS LOCATED 
FROM 17.5N TO 20N BETWEEN 164W AND 166.5W AS OF BULLETIN TIME.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
ACTIVITY IS CURRENTLY FOUND FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 147W AND 
152W...FROM 08N TO 11.5N BETWEEN 152W AND 165W...AND FROM 06N TO 11N 
WEST OF 170W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.