Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 01:13:09 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 070600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/070600Z-080600ZOCT2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 18.7N 108.6E,
APPROXIMATELY 5 NM WEST OF HAINAN. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY
AND A 070211Z AMSU MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOW AN EXPOSED AND UNORGANIZED
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 070214Z ASCAT PASS DEPICTS 15
TO 20 KNOT WINDS ALONG THE OUTER WESTERN PERIPHERY OF THE LLCC WITH
WEAKER CENTRAL WINDS. ADDITIONALLY, OBSERVATIONS FROM HAINAN ARE
INDICATING SEA LEVEL PRESSURES OF 1007 MB AND 12 KNOT SOUTHWESTERLY
WINDS. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS LOCATED POLEWARD
OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS IN AN AREA OF HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
(25 TO 30 KNOTS). MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1007 MB. DUE TO THE UNORGANIZED LLCC, CLOSE PROXIMITY TO LAND, AND
HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.