Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 04:43:30 -0500

180 
FZPN01 KWBC 070943
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU OCT 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 40N163W 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 
163W AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
33N TO 41N BETWEEN 159W AND 173W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N147W 984 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 34N153W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM W AND 300 NM E OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N142W 973 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W AND 180 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N139W 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
55N136W TO 51N130W TO 46N129W TO 38N139W. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
QUADRANT AND 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 49N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 45N TO 58N BETWEEN 128W AND 145W AND 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N179E 1004 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 47N TO 49N BETWEEN 
177W AND 165E AND FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 174W AND 167E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N165W 1000 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N150W 997 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W AND E AND 
360 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 160E AND 179W NE TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N164E 1010 MB. FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 
160E AND 179E NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 49N134W 1005 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N138W TO 33N147W. WITHIN 120 NM E AND W OF FRONT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 48N126W 
TO 39N134W TO 31N146W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT EXCEPT 240 NM E 
OF FRONT S OF 38N S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 52N139W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.LOW 52N147W 1001 MB MOVING N 10 KT WILL TURN W AFTER 24 HOURS. 
N OF 50N BETWEEN 129W AND 150W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN W TO SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N146W 991 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 420 NM 
E QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N154W 990 MB. FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 
154W AND 164W NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 145W AND 167W W TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT IN W TO NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 50N AND W OF 173E SW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 53N BETWEEN 160E AND 171W W TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. .48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 46N TO 50N BETWEEN 127W AND 132W.

.HIGH 34N154W 1019 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 33N177E 1024 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N178E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N179W 1020 MB. 

.HIGH 46N169W 1016 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 09.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N98W TO 10N102W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N114W 1010 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 18N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1009 MB 10N117W. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
09N TO 17N BETWEEN 115W AND 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1009 MB 11N120W. WITHIN 150 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 19N BETWEEN 118W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN MIXED SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 09N BETWEEN 95W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY SW SWELL.

.N OF 26N BETWEEN 117W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU OCT 07...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 06N94W TO LOW 
PRES 1010 MB 10N114W TO 10N126W TO 08N133W TO 09N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.