Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 05:45:17 -0500

689 
FZPN40 PHFO 071045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU OCT 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 28N164W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 25N180W TO 
26N170E. FRONT MOVING SE SLOWLY. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO A TROUGH FROM 30N149W TO 
27N159W. SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N151W TO 27N165W.

.TROUGH FROM 22N164W TO 19N166W TO 16N169W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF 19N166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 27N160W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N174W TO 30N165W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.48 HR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 27N160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 19N TO 10N E OF 165W...AND IN AREA BOUNDED BY 
30N170E TO 30N156W TO 19N167E TO 30N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 164W AND 148W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF POINT 20N177E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N146W TO 09N172W TO 08N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ W OF 172W...AND 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 172W AND 146W.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.