Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 07:00:11 -0500

270 
ATHW40 PHFO 071200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC THU OCT 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 07 2010

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ACROSS THE ISLAND 
CHAIN.  LOW CEILINGS ARE MAINLY OCCURRING OVER COASTAL AND UPSLOPE 
SECTIONS OF WINDWARD AND LEEWARD BIG ISLAND...THE WEST-FACING SLOPES 
OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU.  LOW CLOUD 
MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH STATEWIDE.

CONDITIONS ARE GENERALLY CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS...THOUGH PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS EXIST NORTH AND 
SOUTH OF OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY...AND WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
NIIHAU.

THE LEADING EDGE OF A WEAK FRONT IS AROUND 420 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI 
THIS EARLY MORNING...AND HAS BEEN MOVING SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST NEAR 10 
MPH OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  MOST OF THE BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WITH THE BOUNDARY ARE CURRENTLY NORTH OF A LINE 
FROM 30N153.5W TO 28N160W TO 25.5N170W TO 25.5N180.

A SURFACE TROUGH IS 625 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU AND HAS 
BEEN MOVING WEST TO WEST-SOUTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.  CONVECTION 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM HAS DIMINISHED SINCE LAST EVENING.  MOST 
OF THE REMAINING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED FROM 
16.5N TO 21N BETWEEN 165W AND 168W.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII HAVE INTENSIFIED OVER THE PAST 
FEW HOURS.  THE ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 147W AND 
165W...AND FROM 07N TO 12N WEST OF 172W.  SOME OF THE CELLS HAVE 
BEEN CLIMBING TO 50 THOUSAND FEET.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.