Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:09:37 -0500

402 
FZPN01 KWBC 071609
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU OCT 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 39N158W 1001 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 33N TO 40N BETWEEN 
154W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N143W 986 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 
SE...420 NM NE...AND 180 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N141W 978 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W AND 180 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N137W 967 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
46N TO 57N BETWEEN 129W AND 145W AND FROM 42N TO 49N E OF 128W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N175W 1005 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 
170W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ALSO FROM 45N 
TO 48N BETWEEN 174W AND 168E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N162W 998 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N145W 996 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N160E 1014 MB. FROM 36N TO 42N W OF 
173E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N168E 1010 MB. FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 
160E AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 50N135W 999 MB MOVING N 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N136W TO 33N146W. WITHIN 120 NM E AND W OF FRONT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 129W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N137W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N148W 991 MB. FROM 55N TO 59N BETWEEN 
144W AND 152W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N153W 992 MB. FROM 52N TO 59N BETWEEN 
140W AND 157W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.  

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 51N TO 58N BETWEEN 179E AND 167E AREA OF 
SW TO W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 160E AND 169W AREA OF 
W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.  

.HIGH 35N149W 1016 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N176E 1024 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N179E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N177W 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 09.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N98W TO 10N102W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N114W 1010 MB MOVING W 08 KT. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 18N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10N118W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 17N BETWEEN 115W AND 129W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N120W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 19N W OF 119W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN MIXED S AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 122W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY SW SWELL.

.N OF 26N BETWEEN 117W AND 129W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU OCT 07...

.LOW PRES 10N114W...SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
180 NM NE...AND 150 NM E QUADRANTS.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 06N94W TO 
10N113W TO 11N129W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 08N TO 
13N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 126W AND 128W. 

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.