Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:45:13 -0500

656 
FZPN40 PHFO 071645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU OCT 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 28N163W THENCE A SHEAR LINE TO 25N179E TO 
26N170E. FRONT MOVING SE SLOWLY. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF SHEAR LINE W OF 179E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 26N160W. SHEAR LINE 
DISSIPATED. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 22N166W TO 15N169W MOVING W 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 26N160W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N176W TO 29N164W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 28N162W TO 30N170W.

.48 HR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 28N160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 29N TO 21N BETWEEN 170E AND 176W...AND FROM 
17N TO 10N BETWEEN 164W AND 147W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 171W AND 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 166W AND 147W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF POINT 20N176E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N147W TO 09N173W TO 09N170E TO 08N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170E AND 
E OF 173W...AND WITHIN 330 NM N AND 180 NM S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 170E 
AND 173W.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.