Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 13:34:59 -0500

201 
ATHW40 PHFO 071834
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU OCT 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 07 2010

VISIBLE SATELLITE THIS MORNING SHOWS MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES OVER THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WITH SOME CUMULUS CLOUDS FORMING ALONG 
WINDWARD AND MAUKA SIDES. ON KAUAI THESE CLOUDS OVER THE EASTERN 
THIRD OF THE ISLAND WHILE THE REST OF THE ISLAND IS CLEAR. OAHU HAS 
BUILDUPS ALONG THE KOOLAU MOUNTAINS AND REST OF THE AREA IS CLEAR. 
MOLOKAI ONLY HAS A SMALL PATCH OF CLOUDS ON THE FAR EASTERN PART OF 
THE ISLAND. LANAI IS SUNNY THIS MORNING AND MAUI HAS CLOUD BUILDUPS 
ON THE WINDWARD WEST SIDE ALONG THE HANA HIGHWAY. THE BIG ISLAND IS 
ALMOST ALL CLEAR THIS MORNING WITH JUST A FEW CLOUDS ON THE 
SOUTHEAST COASTLINE FROM CAPE KUMUKAHI TO SOUTH POINT. SCATTERED 
CUMULUS CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE WINDWARD AND EASTERN COASTAL WATERS 
OF THE MAIN ISLANDS. A THICKER PATCH OF BROKEN CLOUDS CURRENTLY 
STARTS 50 TO 75 MILES TO THE SOUTHWEST OF OAHU THROUGH THE BIG 
ISLAND. MOVEMENT OF THESE CLOUDS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS FROM THE 
EAST AT 15 MPH. PATCHES OF STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS LIE 
BETWEEN 40 TO 200 MILES NORTHEAST THROUGH WEST OF KAUAI.

TWO OTHER BANDS OF CLOUDS ARE LOCATED FURTHER TO THE NORTH AND 
NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE CLOSEST IS RESULTING 
FROM A DISSIPATING FRONT AND IS CHARACTERIZED BY A 100 MILE WIDE 
BAND ALONG AN AXIS FROM 32N149W TO 28N163W TO 24N173W. THE SECOND IS 
AN ACTIVE COLD FRONT WITH A 125 MILE WIDE BAND OF CLOUDS ALONG AN 
AXIS FROM 39N149W TO 30N166W TO 29N177E.

FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII...UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE 
ACROSS THE ITCZ. THE MAIN BAND RUNS ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BASIN 
BETWEEN 08N AND 11N. A PERSISTENT LARGE AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS IS 
BOUNDED BETWEEN 06N TO 14N AND 173W TO 171E. STORM TOPS WITH ALL OF 
THESE THUNDERSTORM CELLS REACH TO VERTICAL HEIGHTS NEAR 51 KFT.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.