Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 17:00:40 -0500

420 
FZPN01 KWBC 072200
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU OCT 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 39N154W 997 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 33N TO 41N BETWEEN 
148W AND 162W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N139W 982 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM S...540 NM E AND NE...AND 240 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N135W 986 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 360 NM 
S AND SW QUADRANTS AND FROM 41N TO 46N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 42N172W 1002 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 
167W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ALSO FROM 41N 
TO 47N BETWEEN 171W AND 171E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N159W 995 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N141W 994 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 38N TO 45N W OF 171E AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N166E 1011 MB. FROM 35N TO 41N W OF 178W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N169E 1009 MB. FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 
178W AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 61N175E 997 MB. WITHIN 480 
NM S QUADRANT AND FROM 49N TO 52N W OF 179E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 59N178E 994 MB. WITHIN 480 NM 
SW QUADRANT AND FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 163W AND 168E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 52N135W 996 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 34N144W 1012 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 46N139W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N149W 992 MB. FROM 56N TO 60N BETWEEN 
144W AND 152W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N149W 990 MB. FROM 53N TO 59N BETWEEN 
143W AND 154W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.  

.HIGH 39N142W 1015 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N178E 1022 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N179E 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 09.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 11N98W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N116W 1008 MB MOVING W 08 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 20N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10N119W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 17N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N123W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 19N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 92W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY SW SWELL.

.N OF 22N BETWEEN 117W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU OCT 07...

.LOW PRES 10N116W...SCATTERED MODERATE 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 06N94W TO LOW 
PRES 10N116W TO 10N129W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
120 NM E QUADRANT. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 122W AND 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.