Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:33:12 -0500

221 
ATHW40 PHFO 080033
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 08 2010

VISIBLE SATELLITE THIS AFTERNOON SHOWS AFTERNOON CUMULUS CLOUD BUILD 
UPS FORMING OVER THE LAND INTERIORS OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 
MUCH OF THESE CLOUDS ARE ANCHORED ACROSS MOUNTAINS. INVERSION 
HEIGHTS ARE BETWEEN 7 TO 8 KFT SO THE PEAKS ON THE BIG ISLAND AND 
MAUI ARE SUNNY. ON KAUAI CLOUDS HAVE FORMED ACROSS THE WESTERN HALF 
OF THE ISLAND WHILE THE EASTERN HALF IS MOSTLY SUNNY. ON 
OAHU...CLOUDS ARE FORMED ALONG THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE RANGES WITH 
BREAKS ALONG THE REST OF THE INTERIOR AND NORTH AND SOUTH SHORES. 
MOLOKAI AND MAUI HAVE BROKEN CLOUDS OVER THE ENTIRE ISLAND. LANAI 
HAS CLOUDS ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF THE ISLAND WITH CLEARING 
ACROSS THE NORTH SHORE. THE BIG ISLAND HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS 
OVER MOST OF THE LOWER SLOPES. A FEW BREAKS IN THE CLOUDS ARE 
OBSERVED AROUND UPOLU POINT AND ALONG THE KOHALA COAST. A FEW 
CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING OVER THE HAWAIIAN COASTAL WATERS AND BEING 
CARRIED WITH 15 MPH EASTERLY WINDS. A LARGE PATCH OF CUMULUS AND 
STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS LIES BETWEEN 40 TO 200 MILES FROM THE LEEWARD 
COASTS OF OAHU THROUGH THE BIG ISLAND. FURTHER UPSTREAM TO THE NORTH 
AND EAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS ARE BROKEN CUMULUS AND 
STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRADE WINDS...PARTICULARLY 
NORTH OF 20N AND EAST OF 150W.

ELSEWHERE...TWO OTHER BANDS OF CLOUDS ARE LOCATED FURTHER TO THE 
NORTH AND NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE CLOSEST IS 
RESULTING FROM A DISSIPATING FRONT AND IS CHARACTERIZED BY A 100 
MILE WIDE BAND ALONG AN AXIS FROM 30N152W TO 24N172W. THE SECOND IS 
A COLD FRONT WITH A 125 MILE WIDE BAND OF CLOUDS ALONG AN AXIS FROM 
39N148W TO 30N164W TO 28N177W.

FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII...UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE 
ACROSS THE ITCZ. THE MAIN BAND RUNS ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BASIN 
BETWEEN 08N AND 12N. A PERSISTENT LARGE AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS IS 
BOUNDED BETWEEN 07N TO 14N AND 173W TO 172E. STORM TOPS OF THESE 
THUNDERSTORM CELLS REACH TO VERTICAL HEIGHTS NEAR 52 KFT. CIRRUS 
CLOUDS ALSO STEM NORTHEASTWARD FROM THIS PARTICULAR STORM CLUSTER 
EXTENDING AS FAR NORTH AS 19N AND EAST TO 165W.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.