Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 22:41:23 -0500

384 
FZPN01 KWBC 080341
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 40N150W 992 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 33N159W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM W AND 300 NM E OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N137W 972 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 300 NM 
E QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. ALSO FROM 41N 
TO 58N BETWEEN 125W AND 142W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF A LINE FROM 41N132W TO 
36N139W TO 32N149W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N142W 990 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT  
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN S TO SW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N169W 1000 MB MOVING E 25 KT. FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 
167W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
42N TO 46N BETWEEN 171W AND 170E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N155W 993 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 660 NM W AND 720 NM SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N137W 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW...480 NM 
E...600 NM SE AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 19 FT...HIGHEST IN S QUADRANT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 37N TO 44N W OF 170E AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N164E 1014 MB. FROM 36N TO 40N W OF 178E 
E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N169E 1009 MB. FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 
180W AND 161E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 61N176E 995 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT AND FROM 48N TO 52N W OF 176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N168W 994 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 NM 
S QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 420 NM AND 840 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT...HIGHEST IN S QUADRANT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N135W 998 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 35N143W 1010 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 49N137W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION. 

.LOW 56N146W 994 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N153W 994 MB. FROM 50N TO 58N BETWEEN 
151W AND 160W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N148W 989 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SW AND 
300 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. .48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 126W AND 136W.

.HIGH 37N124W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 43N134W 1015 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 31N178E 1021 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N180W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 38N167W 1028 MB.

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 10.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 11N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N117W 1008 MB MOVING W 08 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 20N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10N120W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 17N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N123W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 19N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN MIXED SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 92W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY SW SWELL.

.FROM 23N TO 28BN BETWEEN 115W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI OCT 08... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N82W TO 06N95W TO LOW 
PRES 10N120W TO 08N125W TO 10N135W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 
130W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.