Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 00:00:13 -0500

049 
ATHW40 PHFO 080500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC OCTOBER 08 2010

CONVECTIVE LOW CLOUDS FROM THE HEATING OF THE DAY HAVE BEGUN TO 
DISSIPATE ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.  MOST AREAS ARE NOW SEEING CLEAR 
TO PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES...THOUGH PLENTY OF LOW CLOUDINESS REMAINS 
OVER ALL THE MOUNTAIN SLOPES ON THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING FROM THE EAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH STATEWIDE.

CLEAR TO SCATTERED CONDITIONS PREDOMINATE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.  ONLY SMALL PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXIST JUST WEST OF 
THE BIG ISLAND AND OAHU...AND IMMEDIATELY NORTHEAST AND SOUTHWEST OF 
KAUAI.

A WEAK FRONT IS APPROXIMATELY 330 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI...AND... 
SOUTH OF 28N...APPEARS TO BE HEADING SLOWLY SOUTH.  MOST OF THE 
SCATTERED TO OCCASIONALLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH THE FEATURE ARE 
CURRENTLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 28N154W TO 27N160W TO 
25N167W.  ANOTHER FRONT IS FURTHER NORTH AND NORTHWEST...AND HAS 
BEEN PUSHING SOUTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.  MOST OF THE BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDINESS WITH THIS SYSTEM IS NORTH OF A LINE FROM 
30N159W TO 27.5N170W TO 27N177W.

SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS REMAIN UNORGANIZED FAR SOUTH OF 
HAWAII ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THE 
ACTIVITY IS IN THE AREA FROM 07N TO 12.5N BETWEEN 145W AND 177W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.