Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 00:52:05 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 080600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/080600Z-090600ZOCT2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 18.7N
108.6E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.4N 109.1E, TRACKING ALONG THE COAST
OF HAINAN ISLAND. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS AN EXPOSED
LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH DEEP CONVECTION SHEARED TO
THE EAST. A 080153Z ASCAT PASS DEPICTS A BROAD CIRCULATION OVER THE
ISLAND WITH 15 TO 20 KNOT WESTERLY WINDS ALONG THE SOUTHERN
PERIPHERY OF THE ISLAND. ADDITIONALLY, OBSERVATIONS FROM THE
SOUTHERN TIP OF HAINAN ISLAND ARE REPORTING A MEAN SURFACE LEVEL
PRESSURE OF 1006 MB WITH 06 KNOT SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS. UPPER LEVEL
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS LOCATED POLEWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE AXIS IN AN AREA OF HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR (20 TO 30 KNOTS).
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.