Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 04:32:44 -0500

376 
FZPN01 KWBC 080932
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 42N145W 990 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 420 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SW...360 NM E AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N139W 980 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SW AND 180 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N134W 976 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 300 
NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. ALSO 
FROM 43N TO 56N BETWEEN 124W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT FROM 
42N130W TO 34N143W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N166W 1000 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 360 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
33N TO 42N BETWEEN 161W AND 180W AND FROM 45N TO 52N BETWEEN 
169W AND 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N150W 993 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 780 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N133W 984 MB. WITHIN 1880 NM E AND W AND 
480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 38N TO 54N BETWEEN 125W AND 152W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 36N160E 1012 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FROM 37N TO 43N W OF 180W 
AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N165E 1010 MB. FROM 37N TO 40N W OF 177E 
E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N169E 1009 MB. FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 
179W AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 50N AND W OF 174E SW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 60N177E 993 MB. BETWEEN 540 AND 
840 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N162W 993 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 660 NM 
S QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 600 NM AND 960 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST IN S QUADRANT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 49N127W TO 44N128W TO 40N133W. WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 52N134W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION. 

.LOW 49N149W 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N143W 989 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 300 
NM N QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N148W 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE AND 
420 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.LOW 56N148W 991 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N151W 991 MB. FROM 50N TO 58N BETWEEN 
152W AND 159W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 58N148W 
ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. .24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 126W AND 131W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 125W AND 
130W. 

.HIGH 30N131W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N134W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 31N179E 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N180W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 44N173E 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N158W 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 10.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 10N99W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N119W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N121W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 17N W OF 117W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N126W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 19N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 92W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI OCT 08... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N82W TO 06N95W TO LOW 
PRES 10N119W TO 08N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 75 
NM OF 09N107.5W AND FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 116W AND 127W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.