Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 07:00:14 -0500

601 
ATHW40 PHFO 081200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 08 2010

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS THIS EARLY MORNING ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.  
OCCASIONAL BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS IS EVIDENT IN EASTERN PARTS OF 
KAUAI...OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU...ON THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND IN COASTAL AND LOWER UPSLOPE PORTIONS 
OF KONA AND LEEWARD KOHALA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS 
FROM THE EAST NEAR 10 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

EXCEPT FOR SMALL PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS NORTH AND SOUTH OF 
KAUAI...SOUTH OF OAHU...AND SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF MAUI COUNTY... 
CONDITIONS ARE VIRTUALLY CLEAR IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF A WEAK FRONT IS 315 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI AS OF 
BULLETIN TIME...AND HAS DRIFTED SOUTH SLOWLY OVER THE PAST SEVEN 
HOURS.  MOST OF THE BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WITH 
THE BOUNDARY ARE WITHIN 50 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N148W 
TO 28N150W TO 27N160W TO 24.5N167.5W.  ANOTHER FRONT IS NORTH AND 
NORTHWEST OF THE FIRST SYSTEM...AND HAS BEEN HEADING SOUTHEAST TO 
SOUTH NEAR 10 MPH.  AT THE MOMENT...MOST OF THE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM ARE WITHIN 80 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A 
LINE FROM 30N159.5W TO 28N170W TO 25N178.5W.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS HAVE INTENSIFIED SINCE LAST 
EVENING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF 
HAWAII.  THE MOST CONCENTRATED ACTIVITY HAS BEEN IGNITING FROM 08N 
TO 10.5N BETWEEN 138W AND 175W.  TOPS ON SOME OF THE CELLS IN THE 
AREA FROM 09N TO 10N BETWEEN 164W AND 170W HAVE BEEN EXCEEDING 50 
THOUSAND FEET.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.