Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:58:31 -0500

795 
ATPQ40 PGUM 081457
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SAT OCT 9 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER CHUUK AND JUST SOUTH OF GUAM WITHIN A LARGE AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 4N144E TO 9N139E TO 17N151E TO 9N160E BACK TO 
4N144E AS WELL AS NORTH OF KOROR WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
10N132E TO 14N142E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWARD FROM 25N149E TO 16N150E. 
UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE EAST OF THIS FEATURE IS AIDING IN THE 
DEVELOPMENT OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER 
MINAMI TORI SHIMA BETWEEN 25N AND 17N FROM 149E TO 155E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED NEAR 20N170E IS GENERATING ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS EAST OF WAKE ISLAND BETWEEN 23N AND 17N FROM 169E TO 
176E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.