Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 10:51:15 -0500

739 
FZPN01 KWBC 081551
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 44N142W 982 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 120 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 48N BETWEEN 132W AND 148W AND FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 
124W AND 129W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N135W 978 MB. FROM 49N TO 54N BETWEEN 
128W AND 135W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 48N TO 56N BETWEEN 127W AND 144W AND FROM 41N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 127W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 39N162W 996 MB MOVING E 30 KT THEN WILL TURN NE AFTER 18 
HOURS. FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 155W AND 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N145W 992 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N132W 984 MB. FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 
127W AND 135W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 42N TO 56N BETWEEN 125W AND 149W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 36N162E 1012 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FROM 37N TO 42N W OF 178W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N166E 1009 MB. FROM 36N TO 40N W OF 180W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 34N174E 1008 MB. 
FROM 34N TO 39N BETWEEN 175E AND 163E AND FROM 32N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 175W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 61N174E 1000 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S 
QUADRANT AND FROM 49N TO 53N W OF 176E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N179E 992 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND FROM 46N TO 52N W OF 168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N175W 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N160W 991 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT WITH HIGHEST 
CONDITIONS IN S QUADRANT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.   

.LOW 56N148W 990 MB MOVING W 05 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE SEMICIRCLE 
EXCEPT TO 180 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N151W 991 MB. FROM 50N TO 57N BETWEEN 
152W AND 158W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 161W AND 172W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 42N145W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 121W AND 125W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 142W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 30N128W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N135W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 31N180W 1019 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N176W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N179W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N152W 1031 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N165E 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 10.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 10N102W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
AND SE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W TO 
13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 126W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 92W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI OCT 08... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N84W TO 06N97W TO 1010 
MB LOW PRES AT 09N110W TO 1009 MB LOW PRES AT 10.5N120W TO 
09N125W TO 1009 MB LOW PRES AT 09N138W CONTINUING W BEYOND 
09N140W. ISOLATED TO SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WAS NOTED 
WITHIN 150 NM E SEMICIRCLE OF THE LOW PRES CENTERS AT 09N110W 
AND 10.5N120W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WAS 
NOTED WITHIN 120 NM AND 90 NM S OF AXIS W OF 121W. 

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.