Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:45:07 -0500

947 
FZPN40 PHFO 081645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 08 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 09 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 10 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.HIGH NEAR 30N180W 1019MB MOVING ESE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N175W 1019MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 27N159W MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 27N172W MOVING E SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 26N175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT MERGING WITH FRONT BELOW.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NEAR 30N164W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 27N154W TO 30N164W.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 24N150W TO 24N158W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 20N172E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N160W TO 09N180W TO 08N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM N AND 90 NM S OF ITCZ 
BETWEEN 178W AND 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN
180 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.