Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 13:30:14 -0500

697 
ATHW40 PHFO 081830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 08 2010

VISIBLE SATELLITE THIS MORNING SHOWS MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES OVER THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WITH SOME CUMULUS CLOUDS FORMING ALONG 
WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS. ON KAUAI THESE CLOUDS OVER THE EASTERN 
THIRD OF THE ISLAND WHILE THE REST OF THE ISLAND IS SUNNY. OAHU HAS 
BUILD UPS ALONG THE KOOLAU MOUNTAINS WHILE THE REST OF THE AREA IS 
SUNNY. MOLOKAI HAS A SMALL PATCH OF CLOUDS ON THE FAR EASTERN PART 
OF THE ISLAND. LANAI IS SUNNY THIS MORNING AND MAUI ONLY HAS A FEW 
CLOUDS AROUND HANA. THE BIG ISLAND IS ALMOST ALL CLEAR THIS MORNING 
WITH JUST A FEW CLOUDS ON THE SOUTHERN KONA COAST. FEW TO SCATTERED 
CUMULUS CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE WINDWARD AND EASTERN COASTAL WATERS 
OF THE MAIN ISLANDS. MOVEMENT OF THESE CLOUDS OVER THE COASTAL 
WATERS FROM THE EAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. A THICK PATCH OF BROKEN 
STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS CURRENTLY STARTS 50 TO 75 MILES OFF 
THE LEEWARD COASTS. A 75 MILE WIDE BAND OF STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS 
CLOUDS BEGINS AROUND 75 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND IS NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

FURTHER TO THE NORTHWEST...THE LEADING EDGE OF A WEAK FRONT IS 270 
MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND IS SLOWLY DRIFTING SOUTHWARD. MOST OF 
THE BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED LOW STRATUS CLOUDS WITH THE 
BOUNDARY ARE WITHIN 75 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 32N144W TO 
26N161W TO 25N179E. ANOTHER FRONT IS NORTH AND NORTHWEST OF THE 
FIRST SYSTEM...AND HAS BEEN HEADING SOUTHEAST TO SOUTH NEAR 10 MPH. 
AT THE MOMENT...MOST OF THE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS 
SYSTEM ARE WITHIN 80 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 34N147W TO 
28N165W TO 27N177W.

ELSEWHERE...SCATTERED CIRRUS CLOUDS FROM UPPER LEVEL WINDS BLOWING 
TOPS OFF THUNDERSTORMS WEST OF THE DATELINE COVER AN AREA BOUNDED 
BETWEEN 13N TO 25N AND 165W TO 180.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT IN THE ITCZ FAR 
SOUTH OF HAWAII. MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS CONCENTRATED BETWEEN 07N TO 
12N ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BASIN. TOPS ON SOME OF THE STORM 
CELLS REACH TO 51 KFT IN HEIGHT.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.