Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:48:04 -0500

783 
FZPN01 KWBC 082147
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI OCT 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 46N139W 972 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 240 NM 
SE QUADRANTS AND FROM 46N TO 49N BETWEEN 133W AND 140W WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM E AND 300 NM 
W SEMICIRCLES AND 300 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 39N138W TO 35N148W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N137W 986 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N157W 992 MB MOVING E 30 KT THEN WILL TURN NE AFTER 12 
HOURS. FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 150W AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N140W 990 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 58N129W 987 MB. OVER WATERS 
WITHIN 600 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N164E 1010 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FROM 36N TO 41N W OF 167E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 42N W 
OF 173W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N171E 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND FROM 35N TO 40N W OF 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 36N178E 1005 MB. 
FROM 32N TO 40N BETWEEN 174W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 61N176E 996 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT AND FROM 49N TO 53N W OF 179E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N179E 994 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N170W 996 MB. WITHIN 540 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N171W 994 MB. FROM 44N TO 51N W OF 
164W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N156W 991 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT WITH HIGHEST CONDITIONS IN S 
QUADRANT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N150W 992 MB MOVING W 05 KT AND WILL BECOME NEARLY 
STATIONARY AFTER 18 HOURS. WITHIN 120 NM NE SEMICIRCLE EXCEPT TO 
180 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N150W 991 MB. FROM 48N TO 56N BETWEEN 
149W AND 156W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 42N TO 53N BETWEEN 161W AND 172W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 44N140W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 35N BETWEEN 121W AND 123W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 121W AND 125W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM NW OF A FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 
34N134W TO 41N125W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE MENTIONED IN WARNINGS SECTION 
OVER WATERS N OF 59N W OF 167W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 126W AND 139W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 31N128W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N136W 1027 MB.  

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 39N169W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N147W 1033 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N164E 1026 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N166E 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 10.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 10N102W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 
12N99W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 116W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 20N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 22N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 96W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 131W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 121W AND 125W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI OCT 08... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N85W TO 06N96W TO 1012 
MB LOW PRES AT 09N112W TO 1011 MB LOW PRES AT 11N121W TO TROUGH 
ALONG 139W CONTINUING W BEYOND 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW PRES AT 09N112W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 118W AND 120W 
AND WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 122W AND 128W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.