Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 19:33:02 -0500

829 
ATHW40 PHFO 090032
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 09 2010

VISIBLE SATELLITE THIS AFTERNOON SHOWS A BIT OF AFTERNOON CLOUD 
BUILD UPS ON THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CONCENTRATED MOSTLY ACROSS 
THE MOUNTAIN RANGES. ON KAUAI...BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS COVER THE 
INTERIOR AREA WHILE MOST COASTAL AREAS HAVE SUNNY SKIES. OAHU HAS 
CLOUDS OVER THE WAIANAE AND KOOLAU RANGES AND THE INTERIOR AND NORTH 
AND SOUTH SHORES ARE SUNNY. MOLOKAI HAS A THIN LINE OF CUMULUS 
CLOUDS STRUNG ALONG THE CENTER OF THE ISLAND EAST TO WEST. LANAI HAS 
SCATTERED CLOUDS ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF THE ISLAND WHILE THE 
NORTHERN PART IS SUNNY. WEST MAUI HAS CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER THE 
MOUNTAINS AND HALEAKALA ALONG THE LOWER SLOPES TO 7 KFT IN 
ELEVATION. THE BIG ISLAND HAS BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER MOST OF THE 
LOWER SLOPES ALSO UP TO 7 KFT IN ELEVATION AND CLEAR ABOVE THAT. A 
FEW LARGER BREAKS IN THE CLOUDS ARE SEEN IN THE NORTH AND SOUTH 
KOHALA DISTRICTS. A FEW CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE OBSERVED ACROSS THE 
WINDWARD WATERS AND SEVERAL PLUME CLOUDS ARE OBSERVED 50 TO 200 
MILES LEEWARD OF THE BIG ISLAND. SHOWERS OVER THE STATE ARE ALMOST 
NON-EXISTENT. NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...SEVERAL BANDS 
OF STRATUS CLOUDS PERSIST FROM REMNANTS OF FRONTAL BOUNDARIES. THESE 
CLOUD BANDS ARE BETWEEN 300 TO 700 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.

ELSEWHERE...SCATTERED CIRRUS CLOUDS FROM UPPER LEVEL WINDS BLOWING 
TOPS OFF THUNDERSTORMS FROM WEST OF THE DATELINE COVER AN AREA 
BOUNDED BETWEEN 17N TO 27N AND 166W TO 180.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT IN THE ITCZ FAR 
SOUTH OF HAWAII. MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS CONCENTRATED BETWEEN 07N TO 
12N ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BASIN. TOPS ON SOME OF THE STORM 
CELLS REACH TO 51 KFT IN HEIGHT.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.