Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 21:57:35 -0500

920 
ATPQ40 PGUM 090257
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SAT OCT 9 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 5N130E ACROSS KOROR AND 
YAP TO 11N140E AND THEN EASTWARD PASSING SOUTH OF GUAM TO 11N151E. 
TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE ALONG THIS TROUGH AND NEAR CHUUK IS 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 160 
MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 6N130E TO 11N142E TO 11N148E...AND 
WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 16N148E TO 8N148E TO 3N160E TO 12N158E 
BACK TO 16N148E...INCLUDING KOROR...YAP...GUAM AND CHUUK.

AN UPPER LOW CENTERED NEAR 21N149E IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 250 MILES OF 23N152E. ANOTHER LOW 
JUST EAST OF WAKE ISLAND CENTERED NEAR 19N170E IS PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS EAST OF WAKE BETWEEN 
13N AND 24N FROM 168E TO 180. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.