Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 23:13:44 -0500

606 
FZPN01 KWBC 090412
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N136W 974 MB MOVING N 30 KT THEN NW AFTER 24 HOURS. 
WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE...AND 180 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 540 NM 
SE...AND 420 NM NE AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 990 MB. BETWEEN 
240 NM AND 720 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N152W 992 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 360 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N134W 986 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SW 
AND 420 NM SE...AND 300 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 60N130W 988 MB. FROM 48N TO 
56N BETWEEN 143W AND 133W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N165E 1011 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 35N TO 41N W OF 170E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N173E 1007 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 
40N W OF 180W AND 360 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST LOW 39N171W 1011 MB AND 
SECOND LOW 34N175E 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS OF 
SECOND LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 
NM S AND SW...AND 240 NM N QUADRANTS OF FIRST LOW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM NW SEMICIRCLE OF SECOND LOW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLES OF FIRST LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 61N177E 996 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST LOW 57N180W 995 MB AND 
SECOND LOW 53N166W 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS OF 
FIRST LOW AND 540 NM S QUADRANT OF SECOND LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N151W 993 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SE AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 127W AND 124W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 
120W AND 129W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N151W 989 MB MOVING S 5 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 180 NM W QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 59N146W.  

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 30N BETWEEN 137W AND 151W AREA OF 
NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 49N BETWEEN 125W AND 133W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 31N128W 1024 MB DRIFTING W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N133W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 37N161W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N147W 1032 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N159E 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N168E 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 11.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 11N101W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 
12N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 118W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN E SWELL.

.S OF 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 121W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 126W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 121W AND 126W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 121W AND 129W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT OCT 09... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N83W TO 07N95W TO 1011 
MB LOW PRES AT 09N113W TO 08N117W TO 1011 MB LOW PRES AT 11N123W 
TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW 
PRES AT 11N123W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 09N TO 
11N BETWEEN 123W AND 131W AND WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS W OF 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.