Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 05:07:29 -0500

883 
FZPN01 KWBC 091007
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N135W 973 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 
SE...AND 180 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 480 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND 300 NM 
N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 990 MB WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N147W 988 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 360 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N133W 983 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM SW AND S 
...AND 240 NM W AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
53N152W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N167E 1010 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N175E 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ALSO FROM 36N TO 
41N W OF 177W AND 300 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N177E 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM 
N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 60N178E 994 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FROM 47N TO 53N 
W OF 172W W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST LOW 56N179W 998 MB AND 
SECOND LOW 53N163W 992 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS OF 
FIRST LOW AND 600 NM S QUADRANT OF SECOND LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N152W 993 MB. FROM 53N TO 45N BETWEEN 
162W AND 133W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 128W AND 123W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ALSO FROM 31N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 131W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N166W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N152W 990 MB DRIFTING E. WITHIN 180 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 54N133W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 30N BETWEEN 130W AND 145W AREA OF 
NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 147W AND 133W. 
24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 130W AND 
125W. .48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 31N129W 1025 MB DRIFTING W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N136W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 43N179E 1026 MB MOVING SE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N154W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N141W 1034 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N162E 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N164E 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N171E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 11.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 117W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN E SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 93W AND 
130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF 125W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NE AND E SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N W OF 
92W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT OCT 09... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N81W TO 07N96W TO 
11N123W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 
NM OF LINE 14N121W TO 09N126W TO 09N140W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.