Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 05:45:10 -0500

855 
FZPN40 PHFO 091045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT JUST N OF AREA FROM 31N160W TO 32N173W MOVING S 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 28N155W TO 30N167W. NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 28N156W TO 
30N162W. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT W OF 156W.

.HIGH 29N178W 1018 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 27N167W 
NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 27N162E 1015 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 29N168E 
NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 25N160W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 18N BETWEEN 
155W AND 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 160W BETWEEN 09N 
AND 19N. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 148W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 148W AND 162W. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 155W AND 168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
15N175W TO 08N140W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 13N TO 20N BETWEEN 175E AND 168E.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 19N175W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N150W TO 10N170W TO 08N176E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.