Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 11:11:14 -0500

409 
FZPN01 KWBC 091610
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 11. 

.WARNINGS.  

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 43N142W 988 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N133W 980 MB. FROM 48N TO 53N BETWEEN 
129W AND 136W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N132W 982 MB. FROM 51N TO 55N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 45N TO 56N BETWEEN 128W AND 149W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
54N151W BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 56N137W 974 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. FROM 51N TO 56N BETWEEN 
129W AND 137W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 49N TO 58N BETWEEN 128W AND 146W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 989 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 56N132W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 34N168E 1010 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND FROM 34N TO 40N W OF 178W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N176E 1006 MB. FROM 32N TO 40N BETWEEN 
173W AND 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N179E 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 480 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 57N172W 996 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. FROM 46N TO 51N W OF 166W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N159W 992 MB. FROM 44N TO 49N BETWEEN 
153W AND 167W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 149W AND 174W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N151W 995 MB. FROM 44N TO 55N BETWEEN 
129W AND 156W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 59N178E 992 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N173W 998 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 360 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 46N TO 59N BETWEEN 164W 
AND 176W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 121W AND 125W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 121W AND 133W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N161W 1006 MB. FROM 37N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 153W AND 169W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N151W 990 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
56N132W IN WARNINGS SECTION.

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS N OF 61N W OF 168W AREA OF N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS N OF 59N BETWEEN 166W AND 176W 
AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 47N W OF 163E AREA OF S TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.  

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 126W AND 142W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 31N130W 1026 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N136W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 42N179W 1027 MB MOVING SE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N153W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N139W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 44N160E 1028 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N164E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N164E 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N173E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 11.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 28N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN E SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 92W AND 
130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 26N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NE AND E SWELL. N OF 27N BETWEEN 122W 
AND 138W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
S OF 12N W OF 92W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY 
IN SW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1445 UTC SAT OCT 09... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 06N100W TO 
11N122W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 128W AND 134W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF 
THE AXIS BETWEEN 121W AND 128W.

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.