Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 11:45:09 -0500

322 
FZPN40 PHFO 091645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT JUST N OF AREA FROM 31N155W TO 30N160W TO 31N165W MOVING SE 
20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 28N154W TO 30N166W. NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 29N155W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH JUST NW OF AREA FROM 31N160E TO 30N158E MOVING ESE 20 KT. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 28N BETWEEN 166E AND 162E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH TRANSITIONED TO COLD FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 
28N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 27N164E. 

.HIGH 29N175W 1019 MB MOVING E 15 KT. RIDGE FROM 27N166W THROUGH 
HIGH TO 28N163E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 26N158W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 18N BETWEEN 155W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 
155W AND 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 160W BETWEEN 09N 
AND 19N. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 147W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 FT FROM 10N TO 19N E OF 168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 
15N175W TO 08N140W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 14N TO 21N BETWEEN 175E AND 167E.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS W OF 165E BETWEEN 13N AND 07N...ALSO WITHIN 
90 NM OF POINT 18N178W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N150W TO 11N166W TO 06N169E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.