Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 13:30:57 -0500

676 
ATHW40 PHFO 091830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 09 2010

SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EMBEDDED IN MODERATE TRADE WIND FLOW 
IS THE PRIMARY PROVIDER OF CLOUD COVERAGE OVER AND AROUND THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

OVER KAUAI PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE COVERING THE EASTERN HALF OF 
THE ISLAND WHILE SOUTH AND WEST SECTIONS ARE NEARLY CLOUD FREE. OVER 
OAHU PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS 
OF THE KOOLAU RANGE WITH JUST A FEW CLOUDS SEEN OVER SELECT LEEWARD 
LOCATIONS. JUST A FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER EASTERN 
MOLOKAI WHILE LANAI WAS BASICALLY CLEAR. PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE 
PRESENT OVER THE EASTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE 
WINDWARD SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER THE BIG ISLAND 
PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER PORTIONS OF THE HILO AND PUNA 
DISTRICTS WITH A FEW LOW CLOUDS PRESENT OVER THE WINDWARD KOHALA 
SLOPES. 

ACTIVE CONVECTION IS PRESENT ALONG THE ITCZ FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 
140W AND THE DATELINE. INDIVIDUAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE GENERALLY MOVING 
OFF TOWARD THE WEST. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.