Subject: Pacific-NW: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 16:06:00 -0500

346 
TXPN21 KNES 092104
SIMWIR

A.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE (96W)

B.  09/2030Z

C.  20.3N

D.  111.5E

E.  FIVE/MTSAT

F.  T2.0/2.0/D0.5/24HRS

G.  IR/EIR/SWIR/AMSRE/AMSU

H.  REMARKS...1419Z ASCAT PASS SHOWS THAT SOME SORT OF LLC CAN BE
SEEN JUST OFFSHORE OF HAINAN AND SUBSEQUENT AMSRE/AMSU PASSES SHOW N-S
BANDING FEATURES ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE COMPLEX AND ENE-WSW BANDING
FEATURES ON THE NORTH SIDE. THIS IS INDICATIVE THAT THE LLC IS NE OF
THE ISLAND BUT COULD BE SOME SORT OF HYBRID WITH A FORMER BAROCLINIC
FRONTAL ZONE ENHANCED BY A OFFSHORE CONVERGENCE ZONE PARALLEL TO THE
SE CHINESE COASTLINE. STILL CONVECTION HAS BEEN PERSISTENT AND STRONG
WARRANTING CLASSIFICATION... BANDING METHOD YIELDS DT OF 2.0 FOR BROKEN
.5  ON LOG10 SPIRAL. MET IS 2.5. PT IS 2.0 WITH UNCLEAR DT AND MET
(DUE TO LAND INTERACTION) THE FT BASED ON PT.

I.  ADDL POSITIONS

    09/1756Z 20.4N 111.5E AMSRE
    09/1821Z 20.5N 111.8E AMSU

...GALLINA

=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.