Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 16:54:09 -0500

908 
FZPN01 KWBC 092154
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N138W 988 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 300 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
17 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N133W 978 MB. FROM 49N TO 53N BETWEEN 
129W AND 136W WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 59N129W 982 MB. FROM 53N TO 
56N BETWEEN 133W AND 140W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 48N TO 57N BETWEEN 129W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 55N138W BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N138W 980 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. FROM 54N TO 58N BETWEEN 
133W AND 139W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 50N TO 58N BETWEEN 130W AND 142W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N143W 990 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 59N129W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N172E 1008 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND FROM 35N TO 40N W OF 178W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N179W 1008 MB. FROM 33N TO 40N BETWEEN 
171W AND 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N171W 1012 MB. FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 
163W AND 179E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N170W 995 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FROM 45N TO 50N W OF 163W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N155W 992 MB. FROM 44N TO 49N BETWEEN 
147W AND 162W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 143W AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N149W 996 MB. FROM 49N TO 54N BETWEEN 
145W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N179E 993 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N172W 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 45N TO 57N BETWEEN 163W 
AND 176W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 121W AND 125W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 122W AND 132W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N155W 1004 MB. FROM 37N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 146W AND 162W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N138W 997 MB. FROM 47N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 44N157E 998 MB. FROM 38N TO 47N 
W OF 165E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N148W 988 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
59N129W IN WARNINGS SECTION.

.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 149W AND 164W AREA OF NE TO E WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 30N147W TO 
33N136W TO 39N125W AREA OF NE TO E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 132W AND 143W AREA OF 
NE TO E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS N OF 60N W OF 168W AREA OF N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS N OF 57N BETWEEN 165W AND 176W 
AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 35N BETWEEN 179E AND 168E AREA OF 
E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.   

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 137W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 31N131W 1027 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N137W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 39N171W 1027 MB MOVING SE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N145W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N137W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 44N160E 1028 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N165E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N165E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N176E 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 11.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 143N95W TO 12N97W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 27N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 25N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 92W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 92W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 13N BETWEEN 92W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 121W AND 130W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2115 UTC SAT OCT 09... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 07N90W TO  
08N121W TO 10N125W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 122W AND 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.