Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 17:25:10 -0500

305 
FZPN40 PHFO 092225
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT OCT 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 30N160W MOVING S SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 28N150W TO 30N159W NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 
155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 28N164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 30N168E TO 28N165E 
TO 22N162E.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 27N150W TO 26N160W TO 29N170W TO 26N160E 
MOVING SE 10 KT.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 18N BETWEEN 140W AND 145W AND 
FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 20N E OF 
170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 23N150W 
23N150W 10N150W 13N180W 23N150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 FT BOUNDED BY 20N140W 10N140W 21N175W 20N140W AND N OF A 
LINE FROM 30N143W TO 28N162W TO 30N168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 22N140W 18N140W 21N180W 
22N155W 22N140W. SEAS 9 FEET N OF A LINE FROM 30N142W TO 28N152W TO 
30N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 05N140W 05N155W 
15N178W 30N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 15N TO 21N BETWEEN 163E AND 167E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N148W TO 08N158W TO 11N171W TO 07N170E TO 
07N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 200 NM OF THE 
ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.