Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 19:23:45 -0500

982 
ATHW40 PHFO 100023
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 10 2010

SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EMBEDDED IN MODERATE TRADE 
WIND FLOW IS THE PRIMARY PROVIDER OF CLOUD COVERAGE OVER AND AROUND 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

OVER KAUAI PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE COVERING THE EASTERN HALF OF 
THE ISLAND WHILE SOUTH AND WEST SECTIONS ARE NEARLY CLOUD FREE. OVER 
OAHU PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS 
OF BOTH THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE MOUNTAIN RANGES WITH JUST A FEW 
CLOUDS SEEN OVER SELECT LEEWARD LOCATIONS. JUST A FEW PATCHES OF LOW 
CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER EASTERN AND SOUTHWESTERN MOLOKAI WHILE JUST A 
FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER INTERIOR LANAI. OVER MAUI 
PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE PRESENT OVER THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS 
WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. 
OVER THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE WINDWARD 
SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE HILO AND PUNA 
DISTRICTS. LOW CLOUDS HAVE ALSO BUILT UP OVER THE KONA AND KAU 
SLOPES. 

A BIT FURTHER UPWIND OF THE BIG ISLAND LIES AN AREA OF SHOWERY 
LOOKING CLOUDS THAT IS MOVING WESTWARD AT AROUND 20 MPH. THE LEADING 
EDGE OF THIS AREA OF CLOUDS IS PRESENTLY ABOUT 250 MILES TO THE EAST 
OF CAPE KUMUKAHI. 

ACTIVE CONVECTION IS PRESENT ALONG THE ITCZ FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 
140W AND THE DATELINE. INDIVIDUAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE GENERALLY MOVING 
OFF TOWARD THE WEST. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.