Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 23:00:23 -0500

562 
ATPQ40 PGUM 100400
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SUN OCT 10 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF IWO TO ISLAND AT 
22N143E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE HAPPENING NEAR THE LOW BETWEEN THE 
MARIANAS AND MINAMI TORISHIMA OR WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
22N147E TO 19N153E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM NORTHEAST OF 
POHNPEI AT 11N163E THROUGH ANOTHER UPPER LOW CENTERED OVER WAKE 
ISLAND AT 18N167E TO BEYOND 25N AT 172E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
PRESENT OVER WAKE WITHIN 110 MILES OF A LINE FROM 17N165E TO 
19N168E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EVIDENT 
FARTHER EAST NEAR THE DATE LINE OR EAST OF A LINE FROM 15N176E TO 
25N172E.

A MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM THE SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES 
THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NORTHWEST OF KOROR AT 12N130E TO 
ANOTHER CIRCULATION CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF GUAM AT 12N147E...THEN 
TURNS NORTHEASTWARD TO END AT 19N151E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE TROUGH AXIS JUST NORTH 
OF KOROR WITHIN 45 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N132E TO 10N135E...AND NEAR 
YAP WITHIN 55 MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N138E TO 10N140E TO 12N137E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE SEEN FARTHER EAST OVER 
GUAM AND EAST OF THE CNMI WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N145E TO 
13N149E TO 17N152E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER CHUUK... 
POHNPEI AND NORTHERN KOSRAE WATERS WITHIN 135 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
4N148E TO 7N155E TO 7N165E...AND ALSO NORTH OF POHNPEI BETWEEN 9N 
AND 14N FROM 152E TO 158E. FARTHER EAST...SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND OVER THE SOUTHERN MARSHALL ISLANDS 
AND EASTWARD TO THE DATE LINE WITHIN 165 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N165E 
TO 6N170E TO 10N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.