Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 23:08:35 -0500

603 
FZPN01 KWBC 100408
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N134W 976 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 
SE...AND 180 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SE...420 NM SW...240 NM NE...AND 180 NM 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N133W 975 MB. FROM 49N TO 53N BETWEEN 
129W AND 136W WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND NEAR 63N120W 985 MB WITH 
CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N151W. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N171W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N149W 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. WITHIN 420 NM S 
AND 300 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N173E 1008 MB DRIFTING E. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NW...AND 
240 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N177E 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 35N TO 38N BETWEEN 174E 
AND 172W E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N170W 993 MB MOVING E 15 KT AND DISSIPATING. FROM 42N TO 
50N BETWEEN 179W AND 160W W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N151W 995 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N144W 994 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N180W 994 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 300 NM 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N170W 1006 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
 WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 51N BETWEEN 159W AND 171W 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 42N BETWEEN 127W AND 124W AREA OF 
NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 
122W AND 129W NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 122W AND 130W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 46N159E 999 MB. FROM 40N TO 49N 
W OF 167E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N146W 985 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N151W 995 MB WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 56N146W 987 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.  

.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 145W AND 165W AREA OF NE TO E WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 30N BETWEEN 143W AND 132W E TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 131W AND 137W AREA OF 
NE TO E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 131W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 31N133W 1026 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 37N163W 1028 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N145W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N133W 1032 MB. 

.HIGH 44N161E 1027 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 49N171E. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N171E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N179E 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 143N95W TO 12N97W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 27N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 25N TO 28N E OF 118W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND E SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 25N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 92W AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 11N BETWEEN 92W AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 13N BETWEEN 92W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 121W AND 130W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0315 UTC SUN OCT 10... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 
07N90W TO  08N118W TO 11N128W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS 125W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.