Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 23:45:13 -0500

729 
FZPN40 PHFO 100445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 29N151W TO 30N160W TO 29N165W TO 30N170W 
NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 9 FT 
N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 29N152W TO 30N155W NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 9 FT N OF 
FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 27N150W TO 26N160W TO 29N170W TO 26N160E 
MOVING SE 10 KT.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 17N E OF 
145W AND FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 153W AND 168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 
10N TO 20N E OF 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 
10N TO 20N E OF 160W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 21N175W TO 
22N177E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 15N TO 21N BETWEEN 163E AND 
167E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N145W TO 09N152W TO 10N175W TO 07N166E TO 
07N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 177W AND 162E AND ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM 
OF THE ITCZ E OF 177W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.