Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 05:06:07 -0500

163 
FZPN01 KWBC 101005
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N134W 971 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. ALSO FROM 45N TO 
55N BETWEEN 146W AND 127W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 54N146W. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N166W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N144W 996 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. WITHIN 480 NM 
S...300 NM E...AND 240 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N174E 1006 MB DRIFTING E...THEN MOVING SW 10 KT AFTER 24 
HOURS. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NW...AND 240 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N180W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA. FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 174E 
AND 164W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N163W 995 MB MOVING E 25 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 NM S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N146W 997 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N139W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 128W AND 123W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 121W AND 132W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 130W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N162E 999 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 300 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N179W 997 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 45N BETWEEN 167W AND 177W 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 48N BETWEEN 157W AND 170W N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 143W AND 155W AREA OF NE TO E WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 31N BETWEEN 139W AND 132W E TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.HIGH 31N135W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 37N154W 1031 MB MOVING E 25 KT...THEN NE AFTER 24 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N140W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N132W 1030 MB. 

.HIGH 44N162E 1025 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 48N172E. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N172E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N178W 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN E SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N BETWEEN 92W AND 130W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N W OF 130W AND N OF 25N W OF 122W NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE AND E SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
11N W OF 90W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N125W TO 11N140W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 11N W OF 95W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN OCT 10... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 07N90W TO  
08N120W TO 11N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF 06N78W...WITHIN 15 NM LINE 08N92W TO 
08N95W...AND WITHIN 120 NM LINE 11N128W TO 11N134W TO 09N140W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.