Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 05:45:10 -0500

646 
FZPN40 PHFO 101045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 28N152W TO 28N161W TO 30N166W NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 9 FT 
N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 29N158W TO 
30N160W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 28N160E MOVING E 20 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 29N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 28N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TRANSITIONED TO A TROUGH FROM 30N173E TO 
28N168E.  

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 27N147W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N174W TO 26N170E TO 24N160E MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 170W BETWEEN 
10N AND 20N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF 
A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 13N175W TO 09N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF 
A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 12N170W TO 10N140W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF POINT 21N180W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 16N165E AND 17N177E AND 
22N174W AND 28N180E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 18N TO 14N BETWEEN 
147W AND 153W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 10N175W TO 08N170E TO 07N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 
160W AND ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 160W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.