Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 07:37:16 -0500

817 
ATHW40 PHFO 101237
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 10 2010

SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A CLUMP OF PATCHY...SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS 
MOVING THROUGH OAHU MOLOKAI AND THEIR SURROUNDING WATERS. THE  
WEATHER RADAR IS DETECTING SCATTERED SHOWERS WITH THIS AREA... 
AFFECTING MAINLY THE WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN SECTIONS. A FEW RAIN 
DROPS HAVE REACHED PARTS OF HONOLULU. KAUAI IS MOMENTARILY IN THE 
CLEAR.

MAUI AND LANAI ARE MOMENTARILY IN THE CLEAR AS WELL...AND WILL BE 
EXPERIENCING INCREASING CLOUDS IN THE NEXT HOUR OR TWO AS A BLOB OF 
LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS CLOSES IN FROM THE EAST. THIS AREA OF 
WEATHER WAS 100 MILES EAST OF CAPE KUMUKAHI BIG ISLAND AT SUNSET. 
ITS ARRIVAL HAS BROUGHT SOME SCATTERED SHOWERS TO WINDWARD BIG 
ISLAND IN THE PAST COUPLE OF HOURS. IT IS MOVING WEST AT 20 MPH. 

ANOTHER SHOWER AREA LOCATED JUST TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE AREA 
MENTIONED ABOVE IS APPROACHING THE BIG ISLAND AT 20 MPH. THIS AREA 
HAD ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS EARLIER THAT HAVE SINCE 
DISSIPATED. THIS SHOWER AREA HAS A LENGTH OF 350 MILES.

ELSEWHERE...THE NEARLY STATIONARY FRONTAL BAND ABOUT 450 MILES NORTH 
OF KAUAI CONTINUES TO FALL APART.

THE DEEP CONVECTION AROUND THE DATELINE BETWEEN 23N AND 20N FROM 
177W TO 177E IS WEAKENING. HOWEVER...NEW...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
HAVE POPPED UP TO THE NORTH NEAR MIDWAY ATOLL LOCATED AT 28.2N177.4W.

IN THE TROPICS SOUTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...THE AXIS OF THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE /ITCZ/ RUNS FROM 08N140W TO 07.8N153W 
TO 11N170W TO 11N180E. MODERATE TO STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ARE NOTED 
WITHIN 150 MILES NORTH OF THE ITCZ EAST OF 143W AND WITHIN 200 MILES 
EITHER SIDE OF THE ITCZ WEST OF 162W.

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.