Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:11:47 -0500

489 
FZPN01 KWBC 101610
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 12. 

.WARNINGS.  

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N160W 1005 MB. FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 
150W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N140W 988 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 46N142W TO 38N155W. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT AND 180 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 46N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF FRONT AND FROM 48N TO 56N BETWEEN 132W 
AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 57N133W 980 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 50N TO 55N BETWEEN 
129W AND 143W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 45N TO 56N BETWEEN 128W AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
54N150W BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 36N178E 1006 MB MOVING S 10 KT. FROM 32N TO 40N BETWEEN 
174W AND 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N178E 1011 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 32N TO 38N BETWEEN 161W 
AND 176E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N159W 995 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 147W 
AND 174W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N150W 998 MB. FROM 44N TO 54N BETWEEN 
130W AND 154W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 52N140W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 121W AND 126W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 43N BETWEEN 121W AND 132W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 45N156E 998 MB. FROM 38N TO 49N 
W OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N165E 997 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N177W 1000 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 167W 
AND 176W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW. 

.WITHIN 180 NM NW OF A FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 34N136W TO 40N128W 
AREA OF NE TO E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 132W AND 144W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.OVER WATERS N OF 62N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W AREA OF N WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N BETWEEN 165W AND 175W AREA OF N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 47N TO 59N BETWEEN 156W AND 169W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 51N BETWEEN 172E AND 163E. 

.HIGH 31N135W 1028 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 37N151W 1033 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N139W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N133W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 43N165E 1026 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 52N165E 1027 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N176E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N175W 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N95.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA FROM 28N TO 24N NW 
TO N WIND 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 122W AND 125W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 122W AND 135W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED N WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
30N120W TO 24N130W TO 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN MIXED NORTHERLY SWELL.

.N OF 12N TO LINE FROM 22N130W TO 14N115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN BROAD MIX OF SWELL. FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 
130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND 
SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF LINE 12N115W TO 06N92W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 26N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE AND E SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 11N W OF 
90W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 24N W OF 133W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. S OF 10N BETWEEN 92W AND 
124W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1400 UTC SUN OCT 10... 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 09N83W TO 
07N96W TO LOW PRES 1011 MB NEAR 08N102W TO 07N107W TO 09N115W TO 
LOW PRES 1011 MB NEAR 08N120W TO LOW PRES 1010 MB NEAR 11N133W 
TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 30 NM S 
AND 90 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 93W AND 96W...AND BETWEEN 114W AND 
122W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 
120 NM N AND 60 NM S OF AXIS W OF 127W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.